RenterGate is hiring!
Want to join the team at an Iowa based software as a service startup? Browse the open positions below and send us your resume using the form below.
There are over 44 million rental properties in the United States alone. Households of all education levels are now more likely to rent their home. This leads to a diverse and constantly expanding user base for new Iowa based startup RenterGate. We’re connecting property managers to their tenants via our web-based software as a service. If you have the right skills and are looking to make a big impact at a new company, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Want flexibility, a chance to create, and can handle taking on many software development roles? Here, your work ethic is the only limit. RenterGate is a results focused company. You’ll have freedom to work when and wherever, as long as you deliver on your projects. We are searching for a full stack developer intern to join our team for the Summer to help build out the RenterGate platform.
The Summer 2018 Software Development Engineering Internship Program is for students enrolled in computer science engineering and related programs. An eligible student must be within one to two years of graduation, enrolled at an Iowa community college, private college, regent university or a student who graduated from an Iowa high school and attends a college or university outside of the state. The position lasts 12-13 weeks. Interns receive competitive compensation.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa (US-IA) – Ames
As a Software Developer Intern, for RenterGate (Ames, IA), you will be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting high quality software solutions
- Engaging in Agile software development activities including sprint planning, weekly stand ups, and retrospectives.
- Collaborating with owners to define product requirements and system design
What You Need
- Entering Junior or Senior year pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS, or other IT related discipline.
- Desired cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Experience in front end web application development
- Experience with Webapp development
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in roles that required strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in roles that required strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in roles that demonstrate your progressive enhancement
- Experience working with Polymer-Project, and GitHub knowledge
What You’ll Get
An opportunity to make a huge impact at an Iowa software startup. Being involved in a start-up is impressive on a resume. Your learning experience will be much broader than any other internship. This broad experience will help you identify what you like and don’t like to do. It will also qualify you for many more jobs in the future.